Shreemant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Mandir in Pune is dedicated to the God Ganesha. The temple is popular in Maharashtra and is visited by over hundred thousand pilgrims every year. Devotees of the temple include celebrities and Chief Ministers of Maharashtra who visit during the annual ten-day Ganeshotsav festival.
The deity of Lord Ganesha was incepted by Shri Dagdusheth Halwai and his wife Lakshmibai way back, when they lost their only son to the plague epidemic. Every year, the Ganpati festival was celebrated with deep faith and enthusiasm, not only by Dagdusheth’s family but the entire neighborhood. Tatyasaheb Godse, then in his early youth, was a zestful participant in the celebrations. In later years, when Lokmanya Tilak made Ganpati festival a public celebration to bring people together for the freedom struggle, Dagdusheth Ganpati became the most respected and popular idol in Pune.
The temple is a beautiful construction and boasts a rich history of over 125 years. Jay and Vijay, the two sentinels made of marble catch the eye of all at the outset. The construction is so simple that all the proceedings in the temple along with the beautiful Ganesh idol can be seen even from outside. The Ganesh idol is 2.2 meters tall and 1 meter wide. It is adorned with nearly 40 kilos of gold. The devotees of Lord Ganesh offer Him gold and money and with every offering the Lord gets richer and richer. Moreover, heaps of coconuts offered to the deity are yet another feature of the temple. Daily pooja, abhisheka and the arti of Lord Ganesh are worth attending. The lighting of the temple during the Ganesh festival is marvelous. Shrimant Dagdusheth Ganpati Trust looks into the maintenance of the temple. The temple is situated in the centre of city, local shopping market is also the nearby temple. Various cultural activities like music concerts, bhajans, and Atharvasheersh recitation are organized by the trust.
Daily Schedule & Rituals
- ◙ Temple Opens – 6.00 A.M
- ◙ Darshan For General Public – 6.00 A.M. to 7.30 A.M.
- ◙ Suprabhatam Aarti (Morning Aarti or Prayer) – 7.30 A.M. to 7.45 A.M.
- ◙ Darshan For General Public – 8.15 A.M. to 1.30 P.M.
- ◙ Naivedyam Aarti – 1.30 P.M. to 2 P.M
- ◙ Darshan For General Public – 2.00 P.M. to 3.00 P.M.
- ◙ Madhyana Aarti – 3.00 P.M. to 3.15 P.M.
- ◙ Darshan For General Public – 3.15 P.M. to 8 P.M.
- ◙ Mahamangal Aarti – 8.00 P.M. to 8.15 P.M.
- ◙ Darshan For General Public – 8.15 P.M. to 10.30 P.M.
- ◙ Shejarti – 10.30 P.M. to 10.45 P.M
- ◙ Darshan For General Public – 10.45 to 11.00 P.M.
- ◙ Temple Closes – 11.00 P.M.
Maha Abhishek & Ganesh Yag Schedule
- ◙ Daily Abhishek – 08:00 A.M. to 3.00 P.M.
- ◙ Monthly Ganeshyag(Every Tuesday & Vinayak Chaturthi) – 08.00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
- ◙ Special Ganeshyag on festival(Angarak chaturthi,Gudipadwa,Akshay Trutiya,Diwali Padwa,Ganesh Janm) – 08.00 A.M. to 12.00 P.M.
- ◙ Sankashti Chaturthi Mahabhishek – 8.00 A.M. to 10.00 A.M.
|Mandir Name||Dagadusheth Halwai Ganapati Mandir|
|Address||Ganpati Bhavan, 250, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Rd, Budhwar Peth, |
Pune, Maharashtra 411002